ASA’s 16th Annual Outstanding Shotcrete Project Awards Celebration
Sponsoring ASA’s Annual Awards banquet has always provided companies the opportunity to build their brand awareness in the shotcrete industry. Although there will be no face-to-face banquet, due to COVID-19, this year will be no different.
ASA’s 16th Outstanding Shotcrete Project Award will be held virtually, Wednesday, March 24, 2021, from 2:00 pm EST to 3:00 pm EST. The virtual celebration will offer free registration for viewers, which will provide a substantial increase in attendance. Make sure your company takes advantage of the opportunity to showcase your products and services as one of our sponsors. The following three levels of sponsorship are available:
- Silver Sponsor, donating $1,000.00
- Gold Sponsor, donating $2,500.00
- “Big Shooter,” donating $5,000.00
As a sponsor, ASA will recognize and honor you with these benefits:
Awards Celebration (Virtual Event):
Sponsors and their logos will be featured in all awards celebration promotions including:
- Pre-Event Marketing announcements and invites during the month of March 2021
- The ASA website
- In the Program for the event
- On the celebration landing page during the virtual event and a Sponsor’s tab from that landing page
- Verbal acknowledgment and thank you to all sponsors by ASA during the event
- Big Shooter sponsorship gives the added bonus of one (1) 30 second promotional video (provided by sponsor.)
Winter 2021 Awards Issue of Shotcrete magazine:
- Full-page thank you noting each sponsor’s name and logo prominently featured in the issue. Each issue of Shotcrete magazine reaches over 17,000 readers around the world in both printed and electronic versions.
- The Thank You page in the electronic version of the magazine will include live links to each sponsor’s web
Awards Program Promotion:
- An ASA press release regarding the ASA Outstanding Shotcrete Project Award program will be issued featuring project award winners and a listing of Award Sponsors for each sponsorship level. ASA press releases are sent to well over 200 concrete construction news sources for inclusion in their magazines, web sites, and other media
- Sponsors are prominently featured on the Awards section of the ASA website until the 2022 Sponsors are
- A Thank You in our eNewsletter, What’s in the Mix, pointing to the above-mentioned web
- Social Media mentions via ASA Facebook, Twitter, Instagram & LinkedIn pages
- An emailed Press Kit for your use to promote your participation in this
Make sure your company is part of the celebration! Sponsorship deadlines for guaranteed inclusion in pre-event promotions are:
- Big Shooters – January 15, 2021
- Others – February 19, 2021
Click here to download Sponsorship Form and email it to [email protected] or call Tosha at 248.983.1712 for more information.
ASA’s 2021 Outstanding Shotcrete Project Awards Virtual Celebration – March 24, 2021
Mark your calendars! ASA will host the 2021 Awards Celebration virtually, announcing our 2020 Award winners! The ASA Outstanding Shotcrete Project Awards Program recognizes excellence and innovation in projects where shotcrete placement played a significant role. Awards are granted in the following six categories:
- Architecture | New Construction
- International Projects
- Pool & Recreational
- Rehabilitation & Repair
Awardees will be given the opportunity to showcase their accomplishments virtually and share impressive details through interviews. Event will be stream live and offer unique sponsorship opportunities. This year’s virtual format allows for even greater exposure to the industry to promote the innovative and outstanding capabilities of shotcrete placement. Plan to be a part of this year’s celebration!
Make arrangements to support the awardees by viewing in the comfort of your home or with your fellow colleagues. As our planning for this event progresses, updates will be available at www.shotcrete.org and our monthly What’s in the Mix eNewsletters. Sign up today if you are not receiving the newsletter: https://shotcrete.org/news/asa-e-newsletter-subscribe/
Save the Dates: February 27 – March 1, 2022 | ASA 2022 Shotcrete Convention & Technology Conference
The Sonesta Resort Hilton Head Island, Hilton Head, SC, will remain the venue for ASA’s 2022 Shotcrete Convention and Technology Conference. Speakers will be contacted separately with options related to this change in plans. For those interested in submitting abstracts for consideration at the Convention in 2022, the Call for Presentations will remain open until August 1, 2021. Those interested may submit the title of the proposed presentation, speaker information and a short (less than 100 word) abstract to be reviewed by the ASA Technical Committee. Submissions an or questions should be directed to Charles Hanskat (248.983.1701): [email protected].
Until we can once again meet safely in a face-to-face event, the work of the Association will continue via Virtual Committee Meetings, Webinars and ASA’s Outstanding Shotcrete Project Awards Virtual Celebration! We are working diligently to provide you with a host of Virtual options for learning and connecting with ASA in 2021. Do join us for these amazing opportunities, as they are more accessible than ever right from your computer!
Become “Instagram Famous”
ASA launches a new photo competition! Showcase the Art of Shotcrete by tagging ASA in your Instagram photos. Photos should highlight techniques and designs that show the creativity, functionality, and beauty of shotcrete. Photos will be judged quarterly by ASA’s Marketing Committee and winning photos will be featured in Shotcrete magazine and ASA’s social media platforms.
There’s no limit to the number of images you can submit, so take photos often and submit often. This is an easy way show off your work to the shotcrete community… and be famous!
Submission is easy, add @ArtofShotcrete to your next Instagram post to submit your photo. Submissions close December 31, 2020.
ASA’s Contractor Qualification Program – New Webpage!
ASA’s Contractor Qualification Program (CQP) establishes a shotcrete contractor’s qualifications through a rigorous review of the contractor’s past work by the ASA Contractor Qualification Review committee. Those who have successfully completed the program receive:
- Certificate of Qualification
- The Value of the ASA Qualified Contractor Designation – one-page summary for inclusion on Bid Submissions
- Press-Release template
- Use of the ASA Qualified Contractor Seal for website and promotional materials
- Hard Hat stickers of the same are exclusively available to Qualified Contractors and will be mailed to you in a separate envelope.
- Listing of Qualified Contractors in Shotcrete magazine, ASA promotional materials at tradeshows and ASA sponsored events, e.g. ASA Conventions
- NEW – Your listing on the ASA Qualified Contractor webpage
Check out the new ASA Qualified Contactors webpage at www.shotcrete.org/education-certification/asa-qualified-contractors to see who’s currently listed as the best of the best in the shotcrete industry!
Safety Guidelines for Shotcrete Now Available in English and Spanish
“Safety Guidelines for Shotcrete” is intended as a guide to encourage personal safety considerations, but not to replace training and education programs or supervision by qualified individuals. Each shotcrete contractor has a responsibility to develop, maintain, and administer a company safety program appropriate for their operations. Chapter topics include:
Personal Protective Equipment;
Lighting, Back, and Spine Safety;
Shotcrete Equipment; and
Shotcrete Placement: Wet- and Dry-Mix Processes.
As a significant benefit of membership, all Corporate Members will receive one complimentary copy of this publication. Additional copies are available through the ASA Bookstore for $25 each (for members; $100 for nonmembers). Available in both print and electronic formats.
For more information or to purchase a copy of this publication, visit the ASA Bookstore at shotcrete.org/Bookstore.
a “Guía de seguridad para el concreto lanzado” tiene la intención de ser una guía para alentar consideraciones de seguridad personal seguridad personal, pero no para reemplazar los programas de capacitación y educación o la supervisión por parte de personas calificadas. Cada empresa o contratista de concreto lanzado tiene la responsabilidad de desarrollar, mantener y administrar un programa de seguridad apropiado para sus operaciones. Los temas del capítulo incluyen:
Equipo de protección personal;
Iluminación, Seguridad de la espalda y la columna;
Materiales de concreto lanzado;
Equipo de colocación de concreto lanzado; y
Colocación de concreto lanzado: vía húmeda y vía seca.
Como beneficio significativo de la membresía, todos los miembros corporativos recibirá una copia gratuita de esta publicación. Copias adicionales están disponibles a través de la librería ASA por $25 USD cada uno (para miembros; $100 sin membresía).
Para obtener más información o para comprar una copia de esta publicación, visite el Librería de ASA en www.shotcrete.org/shop.